TOPIC: Behavior of Gases
OBJECTIVE: To determine the molar(a) mass of a vapor
1. Volatile mystical liquid
2. Distilled water system
3. safe band
4. Bunsen burner
5. 100 mL Erlenmeyer flaskfulfulful
6. 250 mL graduated cylinder
7. Tripod stand
8. telegraph gauze
9. Pins (needle/map pins)
10. 2-in. square of aluminium mar
11. 500 mL beaker
1. home a sm every(prenominal) square of aluminium itch all over the mouth of a clean, dry 100 mL Erlenmeyer flask.
2. muckle the louse up loosely around the neck and secure with a rubber band.
3. Make a very small bunker in the center of the foil with a pin. Weigh the flask, foil cap and rubber band.
4. Place about 300 mL of water in a 500 mL beaker and catch heating to boil the water.
5. While the water is heating, lead the foil from Erlenmeyer flask and place about 2 mL of unsung liquid in the flask; then replace the foil and rubber band.
6. After the water has been brought to a boil, record its temperature.
7. hive away the Erlenmeyer flask into the boiling water.
8. After about 4 minutes, remove the flask from the boiling water and examine it to see if all the inglorious liquid has vaporized.
If it has not, re-insert the flask into the boiling water for a few minutes. After all of the liquid has vaporized, remove the flask and set it aside to cool.
10. After the flask has cooled to room temperature, scrub it dry and remove any water that may pose to the flask and aluminium foil.
11. Weigh the flask, cap, rubber band and condensed unknown liquid.
12. Calculate the mass of condensed liquid.
13. Remove the cap and fill the flask completely with water.
14. Measure the volume by pouring the water into 250 mL graduated cylinder.
15. Calculate the molar mass of unknown liquid using the following equation:
1.Mass of flask + cap +...If you want to get a full essay, identify it on our website: Orderessay
If you want to get a full essay, wisit our page: write my essay .