In this increasingly interwoven and fast paced environment, ejections argon the
engines of change and development in most organisations. Positive leading
of regards is racy to ensure desired outcomes are achieved effectively.
We need both leadership and followership to achieve project outcomes and
the project manager has to combine vigilance skills with leadership ability.
Leadership of projects is holistic and includes the hatful side of a project and
embraces the future rather than the status quo. Thus project leaders need to
manage in many directions:
1. aspect Upwards: Managing the sponsor in order to achieve
2. flavor outward: Managing the client, end user and external
stakeholders (including suppliers and subcontractors) so the project meets
3. Looking backwards: Monitoring progress with appropriate control systems
to ensure the project tar wees are met and lessons are learned from any
4. Looking Forwards: readiness to ensure that the team sets realistic targets,
and obtains appropriate resources to achieve targets.
5. Looking Inwards: Reviewing your performance to ensure your team
leadership is a compulsive contribution to the project.
Looking Downwards: Managing the team to maximise their performance
as individuals and collectively. Managing across disciplines, departments,
location and cultures.
The work of Briner, Hastings and Geddes1 identified the undermentioned traits as making
the difference between an average or lamentable project leader and those who do
• The ability to inform complicated things simply and in understandable language.
• not panicking or alternatively becoming paralysed into inactivity. Staying
calm and finding a step-by-step way forward with the team.
• Facing up to problems, finding the causes and making proposals to
management and customers.
• Letting people know what is happening all the time – team...If you want to get a full essay, order it on our website: Orderessay
If you want to get a full essay, wisit our page: write my essay .